Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Good News!

I just found out that my story Moms Interrupted has received Honorable Mention for the category of Investigative Reporting for the 2011 Pennsylvania Newspaper Association's Keystone Press Awards! I could not be happier that this story about women in prison is receiving the recognition it deserves! I am so grateful to Christine Wearry and Antoinette Leak and each of their families, for sharing so much of their lives with me, they really are amazing women. Thank you to the wonderful people from MOMobile and the Philadelphia Prison Systems for allowing me the access I needed to get this project done, and of course my fabulous editor John Scanlon, who was so incredibly patient for over a year as I schlepped back and forth from the prison each week and who's guidance during the editing process ultimately led to a great piece.


Thank you everyone for your encouraging support!

js.

No comments: