Friday, April 8, 2011

Cherry Blossom Festival at Morris Arboretum

Last weekend I shot a cherry blossom festival at Morris Arboretum for WHYY's Newsworks. I've been to Morris before and was really excited to go back while cherry blossoms (one of my favorite trees) were in full bloom and also to see the various Japanese cultural events that were planned. I showed up early on Saturday to find bare branches but large crowds and beautiful weather. I was a little disappointed at first but decided to take another angle. Instead of solely focusing on photography, I thought this would be a great opportunity to test out my new audio equipment. I interviewed several subjects to get their take on the day and shot a lot of photos of the Japanese celebrations which continued despite the lack of cherry blossoms.
Here is the result :


No comments: