Friday, November 21, 2008

PC week 8, The Campaign for Working Families


Cheryl Swinton has volunteered for The Campaign for Working Families for the past 4 years. The organization needs 500 volunteers each year to help people file their taxes and they aim to work with clients who receive an earned income tax credit.

"My first customer sold me, she was a nursing student with two young children at home. She was charged $600 to get her taxes done elsewhere and that shocked me that someone would charge her so much. Her taxes were so simple, it took me less than 45 minutes to complete them. I just thought it was ridiculous because we can do your taxes within a week and we do it all for free.
I wanted to help people and I enjoy doing taxes. You wonder about your clients, I would like to see that first customer again. "

No comments: