Monday, September 29, 2008

Abstract Printing





Leroy Edwards, 21, bought Abstract Printing when he was 19 years old. He started working for the company when he was 16 years old as a part of the Great Philadelphia Urban Affairs Coalition (GPUAC), the group aids youths in the city to find jobs. Silkscreening, "this is my passion" Edwards says.
These were the images that I submitted for the story that ran in our October 25 issue. Unfortunately, the person who laid out the page only used the first image. I would have used the last pic as it shows Edwards in his place of business with the worker in the backgroud. (who, consequently is also a part of the GPUAC). I have been making an effort lately to shoot portraits on a wide angle setting.

1 comment:

Ronni Moore Photography said...

Way to work a busy setting! Usually I walk into places like this and I feel like I am ready to give up because of all the junk in the way. I agree with you about liking the last picture best, if they were just going to use one.