Monday, April 9, 2012

articles from the Wire, March 7 issue

Well, a lot has happened since my last post. I can't believe it's been 4 months! In that time I have started working as an Executive Editor for the Wire, a publication covering South Jersey. Our coverage spans Burlington, Camden and Gloucester Counties, and our circulation is 153,000. Our launch date was March 7 and we are still very much in the beginning stages but I am very happy with what we have been able to accomplish so far. Along with my colleague Melissa Yerkov, we have explored many topics concerning South Jerseyans, including a variety of non-profit organizations, civic meetings, bullying, gay rights, gun control and health care. Although I am an editor and am writing a great deal more than before, the paper is still very photo driven. That was something both Melissa and I wanted to focus on along with news coverage of the region. It's just the two of us right now covering 8 editorial zones which make up approximately 22 towns in South Jersey but we hope to start hiring a staff in the coming months.











No comments: