Friday, November 19, 2010

Kristy Tomlinson


Here is a photo of Kristy Tomlinson, a senior short-stop and third baseman at Franklin Towne Charter who recently signed a letter of intent with Holy Family University. Unfortunately we didn't have any file photos of Kristy in action from last season so we needed a posed shot. Luckily I absolutely love shooting sports portraits, especially outdoors and I had a few ideas for how I was going to shoot Kristy. Don't get me wrong, shooting a live game is a lot of fun and I love the energy you feel in a packed stadium, field or gym. But I love the chance to have more control over movement and play with lighting. By the way, Kristy was a great sport, as not all athletes are completely willing to run around and perform actions in super-slow motion while I shine a bright light in their face. I don't use anything too fancy; just a strobe, umbrella and a SC-28 cord. Anyway I was pretty excited with the results and I particularly love the blue hues in the photos.





No comments: