Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Inauguration of President Barack Obama

The following entries capture the inauguration of our 44th president, Barack Obama. I awoke at 4am to drive down to Largo, Maryland, where I boarded a commuter train to Washington D.C. where I was met by millions of other excited citizens. As we walked to the National Mall the crowd grew larger and larger and a sense of comradery soon followed on this very very very cold day. A sense of hope was in the air and we could all feel it.
These photos are documenting my day from the train ride in to the inauguration; then walking through Georgetown after an amazing dinner at an Ethiopian restaurant called Zed's (I highly recommend checking it out!!!); then back to the train station for the ride back to Jersey.



No comments: