Monday, September 29, 2008

North Catholic - Lansdale Catholic



In the same day that I shot the Central-NE afternoon game, I was assigned a night game in Ambler, PA. I only posted the grayscaled images because the color shots make me sick. Does anyone have any suggestions as far as shooting outdoor night games? This stadium was actually pretty well lit and the images looked great on the LCD screen, but when I loaded them in this morning, the pictures had an odd reddish tint to them. I thought that it might but a white balance issue, but I left my white balance on auto for the game because it looked weird in other settings.

2 comments:

Jessica Rotkiewicz said...

Sports, just take practice and night photos are tricky! I shoot football a few weekends ago and felt the same way! These don't look bad and the ones below are good too. Do you shoot raw?

Ronni Moore Photography said...

It's weird that they look different on the LCD screen. Do you notice that the shots early in the game look better than the shots late in the game? Because your source of light has changed? Or is it consistent? Hmm, I usually try to avoid as much photoshop as possible but it seems that in this case (if custom white balance doesn't work for you) maybe you could take down the magenta in photoshop. Hope this helps, but you probably already know this stuff...good luck chica! And I think the fact that they were in black and white made me pause and look for longer, so maybe you're on to something.